Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Swap Mechanical  ~  1990 MM 4G64 project, seeking some help
J0k3R2015
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:57 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

So as the title says I have a 1990 Mitsubishi Mighty max, it currently has the stock 4G64 SOHC in it. I’ve been researching and researching, yet still haven’t found the answers I need. The two things I’m trying to either find a write-up for, or possibly with some help create a write-up for are as fallowed:

1) swapping to the DOHC 4G64, I know some of the process but still have questions ☠️☠️

2) if I decided not to rebuild my block, and just swap it out, what engine (DOHC) will bolt to transmission? FYI transmission is being rebuilt no matter what. And I’m not to worried about custom engine mounts, I’ve had to make/order them for previous Honda projects.

Anyway, any help will be appreciated, and if you are already aware of existing post feel free to post/link me to them. Thank you all in advance for any help 😁
xJLCx
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:28 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

first you need to know if you have a narrow or wide block transmission, then that will dictate what option to go with. if narrow block transmission then just get a newer 2002 style 7 bolt 2.4 out of a Hyundai or KIA and drop it in. that easy (plumbing aside)
if wide block then you will need different pistons and a dohc head (also plumbing re-route)