Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Swap Electrical  ~  triumph GT6
clayborne
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:51 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Don't want to get flamed to hard as I have searched but most everything on this site is starion related. I am in the process of purchasing a 67 Triumph GT6. The car runs great and is low mileage for its year. Still there is a part of me (the stupid part arguably), that has been looking at the 4g63 i have on the engine stand, and the eclipse that has been awaiting the motor for two years and thinking Triumph hybrid. Engine and transmission mounts wouldn't be a problem to fabricate the wiring just intimidates me. would it be possible just to take the harness and computer out of the eclipse and put it in the triumph? If so does anyone have a good link to information about doing this as opposed to hacking an existing wiring harness? Absolutely any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciate.
Thanks,
Matt
evilhorde
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:44 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

I can't see any reason why the engine couldn't be wired seperately from the cars original wiring. You only really need to tap into a few wires to control the motor from the cockpit.

Something about old triumph wiring: They used bullet connectors everywhere. After time they corrode and get resistive. Then they get hot and light various parts of your car on fire.
When the turn signals don't work, the first place to look is the hazard signal switch. Cycle that switch a half a hundred times.

http://www.triumphspitfire.com/wiring.html
^^ Your new bible.
evilhorde
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:45 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

4g63t wiring info
http://projectzerog.com/wiring-how_to.shtml