Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Project Cars  ~  4g63 Conquest in progress
charliebrown
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:48 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on a project we have under way. Before jumping into it we had a good idea of most of the stuff we'd be running into thanks to this website. I'd like to return the favor and hopefully some of our ideas can in turn help you on future builds.

Some of the features on this build are:

-Stock 6 bolt with rebuilt head,

-R154 with Bills adapter

-Evo8 turbo

-Remote mounted electric water pump with custom water pump adapter plate. (eliminates the need for a thermostat and thermostat housing and allows as much clearance as possible for turbo inlet and accessories)

-Custom rear of the head water outlet (I think we have a nice solution for a low profile clean setup) sits more shallow than the green top cam angle sensor, has plenty of flow utilizing two -8 hoses.

-AEM EMS version 2 set up for speed density

-Custom wiring harness (tucked and hidden style)

- Air Conditioning (not sure exactly how were gonna do it, but I'm on a mission!)

I've worked with literally 100's of 4g63's but believe it or not this is my first RWD so wish me luck.

-Ray

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.364367210278766.72960.134062706642552&type=3
BuickturboV6
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:54 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Hi Ray,
I also have a Starquest and recently experienced an engine fire, and I have been uncertain for months which direction to go until finding this site. I had a few quick questions regarding keeping your A/C for your 4G swap.

This question is more Starquest specific. Does your foot/face actuator bellows hold vacuum? Mine has been repaired a few times with silicon and I'm curious to know how yours is doing.

I saw on your Facebook build photo album the pictures of the modified A/C hose/tubing. Could you elaborate a little on what modifications you needed to do?

If you prefer we can take this off line to Private Message.

Thanks,
Chris