Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Swap Electrical  ~  1G 4G63T to 91 mightymax harness
sik_legend
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:26 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Quote:
hello all. I am in desperate need of a first Gen 4G63 harness made to fit a '91 mighty Max for my red conversion. Don't know how or even have the time to build a harness.wanted to know if any one knew how to or would sell me a harness that would be pretty much plug and play?

Edit: Repost in the Marketplace if you're looking to post a WTB request. ~DJpowerhaus
sik_legend
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:45 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

So does anyone know where I can get a megasquirt to get my 91mm 4G63 to run? Or where I can get a harness that would work? Or are there any wiring diagrams that I could use to make this work. If I were to get either one?
DJpowerHaus
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:30 pm  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

Was you MM carbed or fuel injected?

If fuel injected, you should be able to located one or more plugs that connect the chassis harness to the engine harness. Generally, if you remove the engine harness from the truck, every connector you need to disconnect that doesn't go to the engine is is one of them. You should be able to trace all the pins on these plugs back to either a sensor or ECU connector with a test light or ohm meter. You can do this for the 4G63, G54B, etc and you'll usually get a similar list (12v power, IGN, Start, Tach (- on coil or transistor), Temp Sender (Gauge), etc. Usually once you have this, you can cut off the connectors from the old motor's harness and graft them on to the new motor's harness so you can plug it in.

If carbed... just as easy, but generally you trace everything back to the ignition switch, fuse panel or battery.

Getting the engine bolted in is about 10% of the way there.
The next 80% can go quickly with help and skill.
That last 10% takes about as long as the 90% that came before it.
DJpowerHaus
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:33 pm  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

sik_legend wrote:
So does anyone know where I can get a megasquirt to get my 91mm 4G63 to run? Or where I can get a harness that would work? Or are there any wiring diagrams that I could use to make this work. If I were to get either one?

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/diypnp-nippon-denso-52pin-unassembled-kit-p-390.html

Should be able to use the stock harness, but it would be best to strip it down and adjust lengths and then shrink tube it for best results.

I'll be running this ECU in my new Starion street car in about 2 months.

sik_legend
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:55 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

It was carbed. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to reply. Another question I had was, which harness would be I deal to use for this setup? 1g or 2g? Currently I have a 1g block with a 2g head. [/code]
DJpowerHaus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:19 am  Reply with quote
Sir Post A Lot

DIY autotune offers both 1G and 2G style kits. If you have a 2G head with the ability to run the front mounted sensors, do it. It will save you tons of trouble in the firewall area. Its possible to make a bracket to put a crank position sensor on the 1G oil pump or exhaust cam gear. I also recommend running the water neck off the front of the head rather than the rear. Should save you from needing to mess around with the firewall.

I have not swapped into a non-efi vehicle before, but you should be able to trace out everything you need like I mentioned. Tap into each of these and run the wires to a connector that you can plug into your engine harness. Should make for a pretty clean install.