Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Swap Electrical  ~  power to evo 2 ecu
skags
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:50 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

hello i have engine loom and ecu for evo 2 , just wondering where the best place is to power it up i have traced some wireing and found a plug that goes to 12v and ign pins on the ecu useing the handy chart , but still no luck , what else do i need to put power too, there is also a relay , i have powered them up but i dont think they are working i hear no clicks or anything , I am still to finish intercoooler pipeing but has anyone who has done a evo ecu swap maybe tell me what wires need the power would be greatly apreciated I think i am just going to chop wires right buy the plug on the ecu tomoro and add power that way , thank Smile also is there a sensor check for these ecu's so i can check to see if they are opperateing , thanks anything related will be appreciated thanks
Richard
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:00 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

I don't know the actual wires (look at the evo ecu pinout to find the right wire)

But you need to connect at least IGN power and battery power.
And the startermotor wire to the ecu is needed to be able to actually start (as that turns on the fuelpump relay etc)

Be sure to get the right ign on power, that also has power when the key is in the start position.

If i remember correct there is a separate connector on the evo loom that has all the wires you need,

skags
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:48 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

there is two separate plugs that are close to the ecu i was wondering if i could use them as your right there seems to be most of the power wires on there but some do not go back to the ecu , if anyone has done it i would appreciate to kno ,i can not find a pin out diagram for them anywhere so im not 100% if power goes into them to the ecu or out of the ecu and into the plug, trying not to blow anything up if i can help it Smile i dont think i have hooked power onto starter wire might have a go at that today , thanks buddy , i was also thinking of wireing in the engine check light and see if there are any folt codes or anything as at the moment i dont even no if the ecu is functioning with no led or anything
Richard
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:56 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

get a led first.. it really helps.

I used a evo3 loom(with evo 8 ecu) in my Starion and remember i had to modify a couple things because I didn't have the evo EFI/Fuel pump relay.

I think one of the connectors you are referring to the one that goes to the efi/fuel pump relay.

If you don't have the evo relay.. then consider this:

you put battery power to ecu.. you signal the ecu you put the key to "ON"
The ECU then triggers the relay to switch on the power.

Then in order to start you need to signal the ecu you are trying to start
The ecu then triggers the relay to switch on the fuel pump so you actually have fuel while starting.

I may have some pics / documentation on a computer at home, but most of the stuff is in storage due to construction work.