Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Project Cars  ~  Project 4G7 1982 RX7
Rotorhead95
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:46 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Figured I'd start my slow but progressing build thread. Car is a 1982 RX7 that was previously setup with a 302 and 5 speed, with a 8.8 rear end and 3:73 gears. The donor car was a 1993 Eagle Talon TSi I parted out in the summer due to body rust. I kept the motor ecu and wiring harness just in case I thought I could do something cool with it that's when I got to this site. I used to have a 92 FD RX7 and I loved them but rotaries were not something I could rely on being as I am in college. Always loved 1st gen RX7s and I love the potential of the 4G63 so I thought I would connect the two Smile it will setup up for a drag/street car.
Here is donor car
[URL=http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/SpeedAarssen/media/IMG_0679.jpg.html] [/URL]

Here is motor as it sits
[URL=http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/SpeedAarssen/media/IMG_1254.jpg.html] [/URL]
[URL=http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/SpeedAarssen/media/IMG_1263.jpg.html] [/URL]

The plan
First I am rebuilding the motor (first engine rebuild) probably sticking with just stock internals with a thicker headgasket bored out .20, get a rebuilt head and some rather aggressive cams, cam gears Kevlar timing belt ARP bolts and studs and a balance shaft eliminator kit. Any other suggestions??

Second I will be ordering an adapter plate for a TH350 or 400 on the fence bout what transmission to use

Third get DSM link fuel injectors rail and all the other stuff I am adding.

Last will be the body on the car as it is not in much need of work will most likely plasti dip it a colour till I can afford paint

Then the motor will be set into the engine bay to make engine mounts transmission mounts and start redoing the wiring.

I know I will have to do mounts, modify the intake manifold, get a different water pump, relocate thermostat housing and alternator, do oil supply lines coolant lines and vacuum lines, need to work on the turbo and get a custom driveshaft. Is there anything im missing? I need as much input as possible this is my first big swap. I ve replaced motors before but never cross breeded cars. Your input is appreciated and I will keep yaa'll updated
BeJimmieTwill
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:22 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

This arrived today needs a bit of tlc.
Will be the spare time project for the next 1 to 10 years.
Will be road/track car if all goes to plan.
Have to sort rust first and if not way too much work will then look at powertrain suspension brake upgrades etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number