Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Swap Mechanical  ~  I found an OEM RWD oil pan
jenoin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:55 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Hi, there are several other threads about this, but they are rather old, so I decided to start a new one. I saw mention of a great wall pickup using the 4G6x in a post by DJ and that it possibly had a rear sump oil pan. I decided to poke around the internet and came across this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SMW250436-OIL-PAN-SUBASSY-GREATWALL-HAVAL-H6-H3-H5-DEER-WINGLE-SAFE-ENGINE-C30-FLORID/32335694765.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.260.10a13c00XG1Kaa

It is (presumably) for a non turbo 4G6x, so lacks an oil return point. I assume it would work with any of the 7-bolt blocks up to 99. It seems that there were major changes to the gasket shape between 99 and 2000 (Anyone know anything about this? Did the blocks change?) It would also need a corresponding pick-up tube, which I haven't been able to locate a source for.

Tell me what you think, It looks like it would at least be a better starting point for a custom pan, than hacking one apart and welding it back together reversed.
jenoin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:35 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

I just remembered the 99 to 2000 change to the oil pan must have occurred at the same time as the changes to the narrow block bellhousing pattern. Both changes were probably required by the changing orientation in the engine bay for front wheel drive and the need to eliminate interference from axles. What that all means is that these great wall engines are wideblocks, and not the newer narrow block patterns.
71PMAM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:44 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Wow... That seems suspiciously convenient.
jenoin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:58 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

You mean because it exists? Or because it's available? It is also available on some Russian sites if you Google the part number there. I also found some great wall trucks on eBay that are in wrecking yards in Australia and appear to be getting parted out. I think the picture on that link is accurate at least and gives you an idea of what you would get if you sourced one of these pans.
jenoin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:05 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192369544366

For instance this post seems pretty legit. I thought about messaging the seller and trying to get the oil pan pickup tube and dipstick together. It seems like a good option. There are others too.