Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Project Cars  ~  4g63 in a bmw e90
spyve4
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:02 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Hi guys. Just bought my 4g63 swap car. It’s a 2006 BMW 325i. I have been working on dsm’s for 17 years and always wanted to do a swap. The car has a six speed manual and I will be trying to fab an adapter plate to mount to a 4g63. I have read through all the posts here and have not seen this done before so I may have my work cut out for me. Any one that has made there own adapter please post your process. There will be many issues to overcome with the bmw electronics so if anyone has info on that please share. I plan on daily driving this car so I will try to keep a/c,power steering,etc. The plan(for now) is to put down as much power as the stock Powertrain can handle (should be about 400hp/325tq). The set up will include e85, 264/272hks,ecmlink,walbro 450, evo3 or similar turbo. The car was bought with a bad motor and non working key. The bmw uses a fob without a key to start it so first I will be getting ordering a new key from bmw😮($300.) the next thing will be the transmission adapter. I will post up pics as I go. Not sure how to post pic but will figure it out. Any positive input would be greatly appreciated. I have a tig and mig and plan to fab a lot of my parts FYI. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dYz6S1D0qLP2WdXUXFyeyVuQfEuFDpwf
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XLxmHrUeDlI3IsxvZCndkxiDiXbG_TEN