Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Swap Mechanical  ~  1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Ma...I mean Dodge Ram 50
OldArmy
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:58 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Link at ECMLink forums http://www.ecmtuning.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89442 on what I have done so far, it's not complete on everything but fairly close, mostly just maintenance stuff right now, I'm using it as my daily to keep miles off my 90 Talon TSi.

Question, will a 4G63 just bolt right up to the transmission on these things? I'm told it will, but do I have to change the flywheel or anything? Just slapping a 4G63 to it sounds to good to be true. I'm not building a monster, I just want something that wont get run over starting off in traffic. So the plan is a pretty much bone stock DSM turbo engine just with a FMIC I have laying around and replace a few of the worst choke point components like if it's a 6 bolt the 1g TB elbow etc. and leave it be.

So besides plumbing is there anything I need to know about? With the cable clutch setup work? Will the flywheel work? I got several ECU's.. none EPROM.. but I don't plan on doing much with this in the way of big injectors so I don't think it will matter. I suppose I might go with a 7 bolt and use a 2g ECU instead of one of the old ass 1g OBDI ecu's I have, so I can use the 2g MAF without needing to reflash.
Freundschaft
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:35 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

hey there, unfortunately i cant see your post at ECMLink, can you repost what you did so far here as well?

Cheers
OldArmy
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:58 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

So far just maintenance and repair.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/showthread.php/6927-And-so-it-begins