Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Swap Mechanical  ~  Holley/weber conversion, header
heviarti
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:38 am  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

First, I should mention this is a 4G32. I may make this conversion later on a 2.0 whatever its designation is. Since I am not rich, I can't buy the actual weber. Rather I am going to install a Holley 5200 (I think). I've got what appears to be a solex of some sort, and it looks like a nightmare; all manner of vacuum lines and other crud hooked to it. I know the weber conversion is popular on the NA engines, but I don't know if the 5200 is a duplicate of the preferred model. I know something about it is not reversible that is reversible on the real weber. I also have a weber installed on my Ford with a 300 six. I just don't have a handle on all the models of weber, and apparently weber doesn't mark them with a model on the carb. I know I'll need an adapter plate for the 1.6. Other than that, I don't know much about the conversion or the other issues. I know this is primarily a 4G64 forum, but where you find people making serious modifications, you find people who actually know things, and can think beyond the manual.
Second, I would like to do away with the manifold with the integrated cat. I'd like to find a header for the 1.6. I can't find anything listed anywhere. Does anyone know where to find such a thing, or is there something compatible from another model?