Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Swap Mechanical  ~  High Coolant Temps
jeffball610
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:05 pm  Reply with quote
Too Much Time on His Hands

I've finally got my car running and taking a few short trips up and down the street to get ECMLink some time with the car. Unfortunately my trips have been cut short lately due to high coolant temps. Further complicating the issue is the fact that the radiator is ice cold. My temp gauge and the factory sensor are in the stock thermostat housing. I have my top radiator hose routed to the thermostat housing and my lower hose on the water pump. All components are new, although they are admittedly about 5 years old.

Is this a case of a stuck thermostat? I thought our thermostats stuck in the open position so things like this don't happen. The radiator is higher than the thermostat housing, so I wouldn't think an air pocket could form there. What else might be causing my high readings? The housing is kind of close to the exhaust manifold and down pipe, but I wouldn't think it would be enough to cause this.

Any thoughts?

jeffball610
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:09 pm  Reply with quote
Too Much Time on His Hands

Never mind. The water pump/alternator belt came off. I didn't use lock-tight on my Jay Racing alternator bracket. I left it off for mock up and never put it on right. It should be good to go. Hopefully I"ll get some running time with it tomorrow.