Joined: 23 Feb 2009
Location: Swansea, South Wales, UK
It's been over 3 years since I updated this thread, in the time not a lot has happened until the last month or two.
I decided that the engine bay needed a freshen up, so I stripped everything out and had a go myself and then lost interest, so a year later it went to the body shop on a 'do it when you get a spare minute' sort of arrangement, so that took another 9 months.
Anyway, the rebuild/put together and sort all the remaining random crap is well underway now.
Here are some piccies, I've lifted these and the comments directly from my build thread on SXOC, apologies for the laziness.
First up a sort of timelapse of stuff going back in to this point.
The intercooler piping on the cold side has been a bit of a concern as there's so little room. The pipe does have a tight bend in it (135deg), but the good news is that it's only 10" from the outlet of the intercooler to throttle body.
Fitted some GTR rear brakes.
The next biggish step was to get the box in so final positioning of everything could be established before any intercooler, coolant and exhaust pipework is made.
Stainless Steve has been instrumental in getting a lot of this done, and we spent another long day at Stef's place this week ad achieved a fair amount.
I love this shot, has something about it that make it look cool.
We made a brake line, not very exciting but was a bit awkward to get the bend radius tight enough to miss the plenum but without flattening or kinking the pipe.
The sump is a project in it's own right, here's where it's at now.
It ay not look exciting, but it's a lot of work. Steve hates it, but he's going a sterling job.
I didn't want the bottom of the bowl below the crossmember, so it's been shallowed a bit and a wing added to compensate.
It's also been modified so the back of the bowl clears the crossmember.
The plan is to baffle it in a way such that surge is avoided, first step is to make a top plate, this will be set at a height to just clear the crank & bigends.
I promise it'll look more interesting that this soon.
Finally a full frontal, albeit on the piss a bit due to having one odd wheel with a flat tyre on it.
The intercooler is going behind the slam panel etc because the Silvia front end is so shallow it won't fit without major butchery; putting it behind the slam panel allows us to make some half decent ducting; and I think the flow will be better through the IC where it is.
Im very happy to find this thread,Very helpfull at the same time,My props to all you guys involve some how in this proyect,Im working somhow in the same kind of project,only difference is 95' S14 Zenki,but a lot of thing apply to my chassie,I know it been pass some time sice th last post on this,but I will be happy if you still have some leaft to do or is all completed.I will be crazy to see the last result,Thanks to you and Bill for all I been learn here in this forum also.Im die hard Toyota head oldskool from the 82' 3TC Hemie head corolla high compresion era.But always love the Beloved 4G63,64T,Im now I fill a lot more confi in start my project and jank my loved KA24DE that a own so much.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum