Project Zero G Forums Forum Index
<  Project Cars  ~  1978 GL Lancer - 4G63T conversion. Getting staarrrted
Larny
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:35 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

So, I've recently blown up the motor in my '78 Lancer(Larny), blew a conrod straight out the side of the crankcase. Since I bought the car I planned to either restore her to original or go all out and upgrade her to something extra horny. Been checking out my options and I reckon a 4G63T with suitable an ideal driveline setup would be perfect. But as of the moment, I have nothing but a student loan and a banged up old Lancer sitting in the shed. So for now I'm thinking plenty of preparation and planning will lead to a far better final result, not gonna rush in to this. But I need to know how I'm gonna be able to physically do this, I want to install an upgraded hub/axle/brake/wheel assembly (basically I wanna be able to stop as fast as possible) along with figuring out a compatible gearbox and diff.. my engine bay and driveshaft tunnel if that's what its called, is pretty small which is one of my biggest worries.. I don't wanna end up having to weld a frickin shield to the bottom of the gearbox to protect it from scraping down the road n shit >.< .. so, if anyone's reading this n knows some useful stuff, I'm more than keen to hear it. I'll post up any ideas I have, and post some photos n keep ya'll updated on my progress.. it'll be cool to see the end result and be able to laugh at all the nightmares and dramas happened in the making of what should be a 10second mental daily..(rally car).... lol, cheers n stuff. Will appreciate any help and advice. Thanks, Ben Smile
cruuz
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:24 pm  Reply with quote
Knowlege Seeker

Smallest trans in physical size is the MM/D50, also the cheapest. (Maybe you knew that already) It sounds like this is a buggy on a students budget, so it seems like a logical choice anyways. Find a beat down 1g turbo dsm for cheap and buy the whole car, strip everything you need out of it and scrap the body. I'm jealous, I really dig these old lancers